Wednesday, January 21st, 2009
1. Christmas markets in Berlin followed by pasta meals and vodka to warm up.
2. Reading John Muir and feeling good about pretty much everything until the last page; then reading it again.
3. Three-way tie: Holland, the ferry boat to Holland, friends in Holland.
4. Pitchers of red wine in Portugal on the stormy-insane coast. Ericeira, you’re the real thing.
5. Portland’s big snow. Were you there? It was legit, fully.
6. Late-summer blackberry harvest
7. Not getting sick when the flues hit. Preventative magic: raw ginger and garlic chased by mezcal. 8. Sunshine in Madrid by the bullring after a freezing week in horrible Paris.
9. Finding a secret swimming beach in Virginia. Where are you now, August and July?
10. Touring Scotland and NOT having soul-crushing, ridiculous, life-shattering shows. What gives?
Filed under: list